13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program
Apple has determined that a very small percentage of 13-inch MacBook Pro displays may exhibit display backlight issues
If you think your Mac is suffering from this issue then please check below for more information.
Service Program Details
- Display backlight continuously or intermittently shows vertical bright areas along the entire bottom of the screen
- Display backlight stops working completely
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
To identify your computer’s model and to see if it is eligible for this program, choose Apple () menu > About This Mac.
Note: No other Mac notebook models are part of this program.
- Book a Repair
- To prepare your unit for service, we advise to backup your data.
- Your MacBook Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program.
- If your device is eligible for this program we will replace the Display Assembly free of charge.
- If your Mac isn’t eligible we will supply you with a free, no obligation quote to repair your Mac.
- Estimated repair time is approximately 2-3 working days.
If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact Apple Support.
If you believe your MacBook Pro was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your display repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund.
The program covers eligible MacBook Pro models for 5 years after the first retail sale of the unit or 3 years from the start date of this program, whichever is longer.
Information as of 2021-01-15